Sunday, November 6, 2011

Everything is going to be Okay

It took me awhile before I could understand the meaning of many things. I am still learning as we speak. I have learned through past experiences and advice through others. One very important, and most valuable lesson that I have learned this past year, is that life is so big, and so beautiful, that any burden that we may have now, life will overcome it. We have to understand that nothing lasts forever, unfortunately that means good things, but it pertains to the bad things as well. We have to change our mindset on how we view the world around us. We have to stop looking for every negative thing we possibly can. Every day is new. It is a chance to breathe, it is a chance to change our mindset. Negative emotions are natural, but it doesn't mean we have to be stuck on them. I cannot stress enough that life itself, is massive, even if it at times it may seem short.

We also need to learn to let go. Staying stuck in the past, can bring out our self doubt and make us focus on what isn't important. What is important is the now. Every feeling, every thought, every action will affect our future. Understand that you are in this moment, you are breathing, You are okay.

As hippie as it may sound, nature has brought me closer to what truly matters. Being 17-years-old, usually what matters is having a car, graduating high school, and having a boyfriend. Yes, those things do hold somewhat of an importance in my life, but not as much as the bigger picture of everything. Going to parties, being "popular" it all holds no importance to me. Being around nature, being able to appreciate everything for how it is. Being around the ones that I love. That is what truly matters.

The next time you are feel overwhelmed for some reason or another. Just remember that no matter what you may be facing, life will surely overcome it within time. Remember to breathe. Everything is going to be okay

~kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment